Thursday, March 26, 2009

Vinegar


In my quest for going back to basics in my family's life I have stumbled upon vinegar. To some of you this isn't anything new, but for me it is so I'm going to share what I've found. There are so many uses for vinegar. I have been using this in our home for the last two weeks and let me tell you, I am absolutely amazed! Our clothes are cleaner and smell fresh. My dishes no longer have water spots on them and they're actually smooth to the touch. I add the vinegar to my water saver cycle before the main detergent cup opens. I haven't tried the first rinse cycle since I did not know I had more than one, but I like my result so I'm keeping it where it's at. I even mopped my floors (linoleum) with it today using 1/4 cup per gallon and my floor is smooth and shiny. It actually reflects the furniture on the floor. Crazy, I know! If you have tile or wood floors make sure it's safe to use. Research on-line or test an inconspicuous spot. Anyway, the list goes on and on. I love using it because it's natural and contains no chemicals and it's much cheaper. A gallon bottle is $2. Here are some web sites for you to check out.

http://www.vinegartips.com/
http://www.versatilevinegar.org/usesandtips.html#1

1 comments:

Chandy said...

Isn't it wonderful! I love how it works on so many surfaces!